? ??????????????Green Fairy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (25 Ratings)??293 Grabs Today. 12317 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Green Future (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (19 Ratings)??276 Grabs Today. 7963 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Weed BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Belgium to Rochester, USA





Big stretch? We will find out. 
We have just decided to host an exchange student from Belgium to come stay with us for 5 months starting in August. Her name is Florence and she will arrive the last week of August to begin school with Katie the first week of September! How did this happen you ask? Well....Katie had an electives fair at the High School and though it would be cool to have an exchange student who spoke french to come stay with us so that she could help her with her french. "Oh Mom, I forgot to tell you that I signed us up for an exchange student" handing the phone to me. As it turns out I am very excited about the whole thing. I have always been interested in other cultures and especially their take on our culture. So....why not. I could have a whole list of why not's but choose to go with my gut that tells me it will be a good experience for all. Florence finds out tomorrow that she has been accepted and will indeed be coming to the USA. When you read these students applications and letters why they want to visit the USA it reminds me how proud we should be and are of our country and the freedoms we have. It is easy to get caught up in their enthusiasm. This will certainly be a continuous post of this journey. 

It shall be another very busy summer and fall. Katie was just accepted to be on the Varsity Football and Basketball cheer squad for next school year. She is beyond excited.
What can I say... I am a proud Mom. 

More to follow in the days ahead.

5 Comments:

Sephalo said...

Whoo Hoo for Katie and Yeyah for the exchange student!

You're so cool and awesome!

Love and miss you mucho!

Princess said...

That is awesome! Good for you guys! Can you host me for awhile too ;P I love and miss you so much, can't wait to hear more about it!

Mary said...

I think I should host both of you girls! Why didn't I think of that before! Come on out, Mi casa e su casa
I love you girls so much. You light up my life.

Smiley Family said...

I can't wait to hear more about your new adventure! If all goes well then you guys would have a great excuse to plan a trip to Belgium.

Congrats to Katie! I can't believe how grown-up she looks! I think it has been WAY too long since we have seen you guys.

Mary said...

Thanks Jamie, it has been too long. We miss you guys so much. I hope you are feeling good these days, getting close!

I think the exchange will be positive for all of us. I would love to go to Belgium!