? ??????????????Green Fairy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (25 Ratings)??293 Grabs Today. 12317 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Green Future (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (19 Ratings)??276 Grabs Today. 7963 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Weed BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer Summary

.Walked the  "Sound to.Narrows", my results:

3030 MARY GILBREATH 12K 52 F F5054 02:08:59 02:03:24 00:16:33 Results N/A
Took me two hours but I did it!
July 4th was spent working in a fireworks booth to raise money for the cheerleaders. I should say the 5 days prior to the 4th also, since it was all consuming.
Then unexpected distant family from Denmark, Mette and Lars, stopped by for 5 days. We played tourist with them and showed them what we could of the NW. Mike took them on a short hike up in the mountains and Mette was covered in mosquito bites. I seriously thought she might go into anaphylactic shock but thankfully she did not.
Visited Mt. St. Helens. Amazing to see up close. Watched Lars and Mete go up in the glider with Mike. They were mildly entertained. It was very cool.
Was very depressed that I didn't get to Utah to see everyone around the 4th.
Laura and Murray visited for 5 days. Took them to the Long Beach Peninsula and enjoyed Lewis and Clark history, the lighthouse and lots of food.
Found out that work has died down to a dwindle so I went back to the beach with Katie and 2 friends then my friend Sue came with her kids. Such a nice time. It was freezing cold though. The second night of a bonfire on the beach Sue and I sat in the truck while the kids built the fire, roasted the marshmallow and flew kites. We are not as hardy as we used to be. But then again it was in the 50's with coastal winds. Normally much warmer that time of year. Got home and it was 85 inland!!!
Just finished getting the house in order for Florence from Belgium to arrive this weekend. Made 2 trips to Goodwill and happily donated. I am ready????
I applied for several jobs, one working for the school district, two working for an OBGYN office and the third working for the State of WA in the Nursing Association. I received one notice of rejection. So fun. Mike has been apply for jobs all summer with no success. He is officially unemployed now. I was told by my boss today that it is "dead" at work and not to come in this week. Oh....but I don't get paid if I don't work!!! So far that is the jest of it.
I feel like I need to serve crackers and cheese with my whine.  So, that has been summer.
It has been really hot the last week, into the 100's and I am grateful for 89 degree weather today
The garden really came along. We have a rouge hen that keeps getting out of the chicken coop and has the others following so that every morning when I get up and look out my window the chickens are gobbling down my garden. BAD CHICKENS. They have eaten all of my broccoli, leaves and all, swiss chard and lots of the cabbage. Yesterday their punishment came and Mike clipped all of their wings. They look quite baffled today. I am hoping the broccoli might come back.
Katie has completed her driving course and will get her license on the 28th. She is quite thrilled. Me too...? I will miss those moments in the car of conversation that I just wouldn't get as soon as she walked through the door. Another passage. Life does not slow down. That is exactly how I want it too. I am blessed.

2 Comments:

Princess said...

I just got really tired reading that, lol. You live such a charmed life and I envy you :) Sorry about the job though you can whine all you want. Miss your face!

Sephalo said...

I cant believe Katie's gonna be driving!

I'm sorry about work... that bites the big one :(

I too was very depressed that you didnt come here for the 4th... or the 6th, 18th or 30th for that matter