? ??????????????Green Fairy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (25 Ratings)??293 Grabs Today. 12317 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Green Future (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (19 Ratings)??276 Grabs Today. 7963 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Weed BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ski and Knee

Okay Stace, this is the story of my knee.
We were enjoying a beautiful day skiing at White Pass. Mike was off skiing his slopes and Katie and I stuck together. I am so happy, I am controlling my ski's and not falling!!! The snow is Utah Powdery. It was fluffy. A little bit harder to ski in because there was alot of it. Katie wanted to go down this time faster than me and I wanted to practice a little slower. So, there I am gracefully skiing across the slope and decided to turn uphill a little to slow me down and "snap". I went down in horrible pain. My first thought was that I broke my leg because that is what is sounded like. But after composing myself I realized I was intact. Seconds later Mike skiied up behind me. I had not seen him for hours!! He said he had been watching me and saw me go down. Mike took my skiis off of me and I tried standing up. Could not put weight on the leg. Hmmm. I will hop down the slope. NOT. I sat down and Mike said he going to get ski patrol. I am thinking, "I could just slide down sitting on my skiis". Then came to my senses. So...Ski Patrol to the rescue. I am thinking they will bring a snow mobile. Nope got to ride down in their nifty little tobbogan. They splinted my leg and helped me into the sled .


Bundled me like a mummy except for my head, as you can see.


Then off we went downhill.






Me head first.






I thought I was going to puke. Mike was having a grand old time taking my picture from his camera phone.


I ended up staying in the aid room with my leg splinted, iced and me humiliated.




Ends up that I have either sprained the knee or have torn a ligament.
I am able to walk without the brace but still must put it up for the swelling. I will go to the Orthopedic Doctor soon. Every day it feels better.

My friend Laura called and said "Don't you know your to old to be doing that stuff". Apparently not.

I do want to ski again. I was really having a good time and it is so beautiful up there. I will wear a brace next time.
The End
































3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why I do not "do" any winter sports. I swear I broke my butt the first time I tried snowboarding! I wold rather sit in the lodge with a hot toddy! I am so glad you are ok, and I really hope it is just a sprain and not a ligament! You take it easy and and pamper yourself! You have to take advantage of stuff like that! Love you so much!

Sephalo said...

Oh My Heck! I'm glad you're ok & I also hope its just a sprain. It would be funny to watch you going head first down the mountain in a tobbogan-look at all the snow on your noggin! heehee I love you mucho & I'm glad your ok!

Mary said...

You are such a poet!!! Wish you guys were there. Both of you could be in the lodge nice and toasty laughing your heads off!!!! Love you too.