? ??????????????Green Fairy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (25 Ratings)??293 Grabs Today. 12317 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Green Future (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (19 Ratings)??276 Grabs Today. 7963 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Weed BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, May 17, 2008

In like a Lamb out like a Lion...

Wow Summer hit us yesterday. Went from 40's to 90's! I am really comfortable somewhere in between there. I am cooling off enough to go outside and plant potatoes and tomatoes before it gets too hot.

Mike, Katie and I and Katie's friend Stephanie went to Lake Quinault last Friday for my Mothers Day tradition. In the past we have camped but now the camp grounds do not open until Memorial Weekend. Thank you God of Mothers Wishes. So we stayed in a nice cabin, with running water, soft warm bed and indoor bathroom. Oh the things that make us happy.

It was a wonderful weekend. We fished on Friday but no catching. There was so much snow this year that the rivers are still high and lots of run-off so the lake is filled with silt and cloudy. The fish can't see the bait??? I really don't get that. Beautiful anyway just being in the boat on the lake 'til sunset. Mike is the best when it comes to getting the boat ready and in the water. He just does it.

The next morning we went for a couple of hikes. One being 1 mile up to a beaver lake. I need more aerobic exercise. The legs were fine but I was winded on the way up. We crossed with a family of four coming down and this 6 year old girl(with her walking stick) stopped and said "We saw a bear and it was eating grass at the lake". I was like "Oh how cool". I am thinking... "Oh dear God, Katie and Stephanie literally ran all the way to the lake and are now there with the wild beast". I tried not to bolt to rescue my child. Then sensibility caught hold. Thank goodness the little girl was so talkative so I would calm down. Katie & Steph are 13, can RUN a mile up hill and are very loud! They would be perfectly safe. I don't think you can ever take the panic away from a mother.

We did not see the bear but did see ducks procreating on the water. Nature at it's best. We all returned safely of course. It was really a nice day.

I will have to finish this later today....

2 Comments:

Sephalo said...

You guys are SO cool! I'm not a big fan of bears so I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be running too fast to see one! lol Just had the opposite of what you had weather wise: 90 degree days the BAM low 50's and raining! Boo!

Love yer guts!

Sandi said...

I want to go to the lake. It sounds wonderful