? ??????????????Green Fairy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (25 Ratings)??293 Grabs Today. 12317 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Green Future (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (19 Ratings)??276 Grabs Today. 7963 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Weed BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, May 2, 2008

Spring Break Revisited










Swimming at the YMCA







Shopping at Bellevue Mall







Seattle Art Museum

Spring break went so fast! We fulfilled what we wanted to do. The weather could have been better but all in all...
Katie spent an afternoon at the YMCA swimming.
Mike and I took Katie and a friend to the Bellevue Mall. They were very happy to wander on their own.
Mike and I people watched. Very interesting. I was surprised how many teens wore house slippers as shoes. We played, "guess if that is a guy or girl" and of course ate pastries and drank coffee. The girls had a great time trying on clothes.
We had a couple of days in between, of downtime at home. Wow was that nice!!! Just catching up on little things.
On Wednesday night I packed for us to go skiing on Thursday, you know, snacks, water, snacks, ski stuff and of course stuff we probably wouldn't need. Then sat down to chat with my husband and he said. "I want to go skiing with Katie by myself". Oh
...okay. Would have been good to know sooner but that's okay. They were ready to go. I decided to do the art museum by myself then.

So much for family bonding.

I had a wonderful day alone. I drove to the museum in the heart of beautiful Seattle and really took my time with the Roman Exhibit. It was very interesting. It was ancient Rome artifacts. Amazing to think that some things were from 300AD. Lots of sculptures. A sarcophagus that I fell in love with and have decided I would like to be buried in one as beautiful ins
tead of a wooden box. It was made of solid marble with a woman draped in cloth lounging on the top with a look of complete content. Reubenesk cherubs placed all around as decorations. Just beautiful.

I learned an awful lot about the emperors of Rome and their lineage. They did not look far for mates. They were pretty much all related in one way or another. Hmmmm...roman times.

In another area of the museum there was a fascinating sculpture that looked like a Kimono and it was made from military dog tags. Very impacting. Beautiful at first then very sad.


I took my sweet time at all of the exhibits and headed home enlightened.
Listening to the radio a DJ asked a question about a Beatles song and I thought :I know the answer to that" so I called in and .......I WON! I received a $50 gift certificate to a day spa!
Oh Yeah!!!!! What a perfect day!

Mike and Katie had a nice time too. They are not as detailed as I am but I do know that Katie went on the 4 chair to the top and slowly skiied her way down. She said "Dad goes too fast and wouldn't wait for her. " Poor Mike, he just wants his family to be as athletic as he is. The snow was
perfect and lots of it. (see previous post regarding long, cold winter).

We did get family time on the weekend for a day and went to Mikes Dads house on the beach.


It was beautiful as usual. The water was a brisk 40 degrees and Katie and a friend braved themselves and swam about 30 yard from the shore. They were literally drained of blood and lips were blue when they got out.

So, spring break is over and we are looking forward to summer being dryer and warmer so that we can go on a hike. That we
did not get to do this time.

I have to add that I was so proud of Mike. He turned his cell phone off for the entire week!!! That is very hard for him to do.
When it is on he is working. He is so much more involved when the cell phone is left behind. That was really nice.

I know my pictures leave alot to be desired. Couldn't photograph at the Y or the museum and Katie refused to let me photograph her at the mall. So much for scrappin memories!


1 Comments:

Princess said...

You guys are such a fun family! Sounds like a great Spring Break! I would have loved to go the art museum with you and would have loved that day all to myself as well! Miss you!