? ??????????????Green Fairy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (25 Ratings)??293 Grabs Today. 12317 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Green Future (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (19 Ratings)??276 Grabs Today. 7963 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Weed BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer at Lake Ozette

It has been a while since I have sat down to blog. Life has been very full since July.We went on vacation to Lake Ozette for 5 days at the beginning of August. Timed it perfectly. The weather was great. The Lake was beautiful and we truly enjoyed the outdoors.

It amazes me after all of the years I have been camping just how much stuff we can bring along. It seems like we need more stuff now.
Camp Gilbreath

We certainly were comfortable and did not want for food to eat. I could have used two more bottles of mosquito repellent though. Oh how they love me. I really should have taken a picture of my arms and legs. Does anyone know why mosquito bites continue to show up days after you are out of the woods?

Our friend Sue and her two youngest children came along with us. Their first time camping in the woods. Rustic style. Katie's friend Brooke,too. They had a really good time. Sue's daughter had a reaction to the mosquito bites and her face swelled terribly! What a trooper she is. Mike took them off to the local clinic and they were back by dinner ready to go for our big hike to the coast the next day. Mega Benadryl and ice and lots of bug repellent and she recovered.

The end of the trail!
Sue, Paige, Mitch,Mike, Katie and Brooke
Sadie and I are taking the picture




The trail to the beach is an old abandoned trail so we had to walk rather slow. Lots of down trees and slippery bogs. It was worth it though.

The Pacific Ocean!


Great memories. I will add just a few more photos for fun. I have lots and it is hard to pick just a couple for here.


Mitch enjoying the freedom of boating

Sadie in dog paradise

We were very isolated here at the end of the Lake. It was so peaceful.

Oh yes, I have to end with a revelation from Mitch. He walked behind the bush to the "bathroom" and when he appeared again he announced
" I pooped in the woods!"
We all clapped and laughed heartedly. That is why it is fun to bring little kids.

2 Comments:

Smiley Family said...

There really is nothing like a good old camp out! It is good for the soul:)

Princess said...

I haven't camped once this year, very depressing! I will live vicariously through you I guess, so jealous! Miss you!